Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD Challenge #1 Japan

My inspiration for this card is two fold ~ a Tree and a beloved Aunt.

My parents had this beautiful flowering cherry tree in their backyard when they lived in Washington State. For eight years I had the joy of watching this tree bud and blossom every spring with its abundance of delicate pink flowers. I loved that tree!

Some of my earliest memories are of spending time at my Uncle Richard and Aunt Toshi's house with my sisters. What a cultural experience! My aunt was from Japan and there was always some sort of interesting food to be had at their house. I loved her little Japanese garden with its Kio pond in the backyard. There was always adventure to be had inside. Aunt Toshi had the largest collection of fabric I have ever seen. My sisters and I would play and sort and resort these fabrics while visiting.



The branch is a depiction of the buds on that beautiful tree my parents had. I used my Cricut cut the branch out and added gems to represent the buds. The dotted lines I inked down this paper are very reminiscent of a weeping cherry tree. Inside the scalloped frame is a charm with a "Lucky" Kio fish, which reminded me of my Aunts pond. All of the edges are inked with Tim Holtz Tea Stain.

1 comment:

  1. Fun dsp choices. Great take on the Japan challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete