Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WCMD Challenge #4 Australia

My great grandmother, on my mom's side, was born in Australia in 1859. Although she did not live there for many years of her life, I have always been intrigued with the country of her birth.

For the past three years my preschool has taken a trip around the world during the summer and every year we visit Australia! It has been so great learning about the different animals and live there. The children really love it.


The base of this card reminds me of the dirt in the outback ~ a rich burnt orange. I cut the birds out from a patterned paper I had and added the outline in white paint. The edges of all the elements are inked with Time Holtz Tea stain (LOVE IT!), adding another color from the outback. In addition, I randomly inked the base of the card with the Tea stain.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment