Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD Challenge #3: India

I have taken some time to get back on track! With so many irons in the fire, my creative juices were almost drained.


My sister Michelle gave me a much needed creative boost this week. Thanks Sister! My creative juices are now running full force (YEAH!)


This is my interpretation of the WCMD Challenge #3: India. When I think of India I think of sari's in bold prints prints, beautiful henna tattoo's and jewels.

I used my Cricut to cut an intricate boarder around a flower stamp mimiking a henna tattoo. I then pulled the blue color from the floral background paper by marking in the flower. The strip on the left side of the card is a flower stamp with a flourish, repeated and jazzed up with some jewels.

My goal for this design was to embody the beauty of sari, henna tattoos, and the jewel the women of India are know for. In my mind that is a goal completed!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great embossing and bling. Stunning job on the India challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete