Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Monogram Me

It is hard to believe that school will be starting in just a little over a week! What a whirlwind summer I have had.

With the preschool full and a new teacher in place, I am ready for the school year to begin. I am so excited about the Scrap Clubs starting! For just a few bucks a week, kids get to scrap and craft on Wednesday afternoons for Bend schools and Friday afternoons for Redmond schools.

I taught a Back-to-School Class today. It was fun! Six girls in total. They each made a bookmark, a backpack tag, and a journal with their own monogram. Once again I was impressed with how individual each item was from the example I had made. Options are the key. Even though we all had the same materials, the paper I selected was double sided and I let everyone make their own choice on what side they wanted to use.


During this class I decided to join in the fun - what better way to demo a technique than to do it live and in person. OK - so my original plan was to make the demo's with my neice Madeline's initial, I forgot and used my own. As I wanted to make one to send to her, I figured that I would just do a live demo and kill two birds with one stone! I am glad that I did she is going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment